- J.H.S. 145 Arturo Toscanini, District 9, Bronx
- Leadership Institute, District 9 high school, Bronx
- Monroe Academy for Visual Arts and Design, District 12 high school, Bronx
- M.S. 584, District 16, Brooklyn
- Essence School, District 19 middle school, Brooklyn
- J.H.S. 162 Lola Rodriguez de Tio, District 7, Bronx
The following month, the NYCLU/UFT sued DOE, on behalf on CEC 3 and CEC 23 as well as parents at these schools, pointing out that the decision to close a zoned school must first be put to a vote of the CEC because it involves changing (or eliminating) zoning lines. Joining as plaintiffs were Randi Weingarten, president of the UFT, and Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum. The legal complaint is posted here. Less than two weeks later, Chancellor Klein dropped his plans to close these schools.