Enough is enough! Listen to parents. These are our demands:
• Provide smaller classes and a better capital plan to eliminate overcrowding.
• Restore arts funding and reduce testing.
• Include real input from parents and other stakeholders at the school level and system-wide before important decisions are made.
• Invest more resources in our children and the classroom, and waste less on expensive bureaucrats, consultants and no-bid contracts at Tweed.
• Stop the privatization and outsourcing of critical education services.
• Finally, no budget cuts to any school. Every one of our public schools is under-funded. With more than $1 billion in additional education spending and record city surpluses, there is no reason for any school to have its funding cut next year.
Click here to read the full text and sign the petition. It only takes a few seconds. And don't forget to forward to a friend.