Monday, March 5, 2007

Come with us to Albany March 13!

The NYC parent lobby day in Albany is next week – Tuesday, March 13. Class Size Matters will be going too.

Free buses will be leaving from all parts of the city, and lunches will be provided, thanks to the UFT. Last year, the first Independent Parent lobby day was a blast.

I am proud to say that CPAC –the Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Council – is carrying up a terrific agenda.

CPAC is strongly supportive of the Nolan/Lancman bill Class Size Reduction bill that would require smaller classes in all grades, and has good positions on parent empowerment, governance, charter schools, accountability, high-stakes testing, and other important issues for public school parents.

Please contact me if you need to know where the bus is leaving from your district – and how you can reserve your seat today!

Also let me know ASAP if you’re interested in coming w/ me and other members of Class Size Matters on visits to key leaders in the Legislature and the State House. I would love to have you with me.

thanks,

Leonie Haimson
leonie@att.net
212-674-7320

2 comments:

Daniel Millstone said...

I had a very good time on last year's lobby trip. It was fun and I learned a lot.

Anonymous said...

Forget Lobby Day ....I think we should picket outside the schools. Hit them in the pocket because thats all they care about anyway....Money and tests.